We recognize that a successful education has many different strands. Our association with Round Square (a network of 215 schools from 55 countries across five continents) in the year 2017 is a positive progressive initiative and has brought many multicultural and multilingual opportunities for students for their all-around personality development. Round Square works around its philosophy that student education is based on much more than what occurs in the classroom. It also emphasizes to provide life experiences and opportunities to shape the personalities of the future leaders to Understand, Prepare and Respond to the world over a philosophy evolved from the teachings of charismatic’s educationist Kurt Hahn. Being one of the top CBSE schools in India, activities in Him Academy Public School Vikas Nagar are infused through a range of extra-curricular activities under six pillars known as IDEALS of Round Square i.e. Internationalism, Democracy, Environment, Adventure, Leadership and Service. The Round Square IDEALS are underpinned by twelve Discoveries that students explore on their learning journey (Inquisitiveness, tenacity, courage, compassion, inventiveness, ability to solve problems, self-awareness, sense of responsibility, appreciation of diversity, commitment to sustainability, communication and team-working skills). Together these make up the Round square Discovery framework or RSDF. The school has developed an exhaustive activities curriculum to collaborate these discoveries along with the SEVA program of the school.
Association with Round Square has allowed us to connect with schools not at the national level but internationally and given opportunity for our students to travel to conferences and service projects to share ideas and programswith like-minded counterparts throughout the world.
Under Regional Conferences and student cultural exchange programs, students have participated in many conferences. Some to mention are:
1. Conference at Emerald Heights International School, Indore
2. Conference at Singapore International School, Mumbai
3. Conference at Rajmata Krishna Kumari Girls School, Jodhpur, Rajasthan
4. Conference at Trivandrum International School, Trivandrum, Kerala
5. Conference at Vivek High School, Chandigarh
6. MUN at Sai International School, Orissa
7. MUN at Trivandrum International School, Kerela
8. MUN and Conferences at Punjab Public School, Nabha, Punjab
9. Conference at Daily College, Indore etc
10. Under Cultural Exchange program students of Hyderabad Academy, Hyderabad visited Him Academy Public School and our students enjoyed a visit to Hyderabad Academy, Hyderabad, Karnataka.
11. Adding up to the achievements one of our student received “Bursary“ to participate in Round Square International Conference at St Cyprian School, Cape Town, South Africa.
12. To strengthen the pillar of Service Him Academy students revamped 10 Aanganwadi units in the surrounding areas with paintings the walls with beautiful learning material, providing drinking water and hand wash units and donating toys.
13. Every year one student is awarded the prestigious “King Constantine Award“ who heads to carve out an outstanding array of activities under Round Square banner.
14. Students also have participated in many virtual Conferences organized by National as well as international schools from various countries due to CORONA Virus.